Saturday, March 10, 2012

Introduction to the blog

My book, The Attentive Mind Workbook:  Self-healing through Meditation, provides a complete introduction to meditation in the vipassana or insight tradition with a focus on dealing with mental suffering.  The book can be obtained from my website:  attentivemind.ca/book, cavershambooksellers.com, or from major online booksellers (amazon.ca, barnesandnoble.com, etc.).

A bit about me:  I am a psychologist in rural Ontario.  I am semi-retired and live with my wife in a forest setting.  I have practiced meditation in the Zen and Theravada traditions.  The teacher whom I currently follow is Bhante Khippapanno, a Vietnamese teacher.  He teaches within the Mahasi Sayadaw tradition, but he places emphasis on meditation on the mind (cittanupassana).  Much of the content of this blog is based on my interpretation of his teachings.

This blog covers much the same ground as the workbook, but it is free and interactive.   Comments on the instructions and your experiences with the practices are most welcome.   I sometimes revise what I have posted based on the comments I receive and further reflection so please revisit the blog and reread the posts that have been revised. 


Feel free to email me with any questions or comments:   drampsych@gmail.com.


revised July 15, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment